Consultant – EU Institutions Desk
Specialism / Function
Full Time Employment
ABOUT THE ROLE:
EU Desk at Grant Thornton is a developed and growing practice with serious scope for growth. We are looking for a Consultant that can ensure we stay on track upon this evolving journey, and achieve greater heights collectively in the future.
As a Consultant, you will be in regular contact with clients in relation to EU Desk Ongoing Clients and also prepare documentations required for new submissions.
Supporting the EU Desk Director and GT Consultants, you would handle EU Desk Clients and several projects, which deal with EU Desk Submissions and EU Joint Venture. These are including but not limited to:
- Instilling and applying EU’s framework under the Director’s / Consultant’s guidance, with a willingness to understand how to support various GT Teams and clients from different sectors comply with EU Institutions requirements.
- Be able to research best practice relative to EU Institutions, and propose draft submissions with the right documentation and detail.
- Collaborate and learn from the EU Institutions Director how to help prepare and submit a proposal electronically.
- Support the EU Institutions Desk Director in keeping minutes of internal and external meetings and build reporting for current and future clients /prospects;
- Over time, advising and problem solving within submissions timeline and apply best practice in an evolving business models and regulatory landscape;
- Build under supervision of EU Institutions Director and maintain an EU Institutions Desk Monthly Newsletter;
- Leverage upon technology (tools, and software) to enhance client research and deliverables in an effective and efficient manner.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Degree in Economics, Law, Business School or Arts. An economical or legal background is preferred;
- Strong analytical, verbal reasoning and English written skills (A Levels) are required (either English native or followed an English-speaking language University;
- A strong willingness to learn about EU institutions and Grant Thornton Group Businesses;
- Fluency French is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good problem solving, and organizational skills;
- Willing to work with people from different fields, and with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude;
- Calm and collected nature when faced with complex challenges.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV with the reference Consultant – EU Institutions Desk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
All personal data that will be collected from candidates as part of the recruitment process, will be processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), (Enforcement date: 25 May 2018).
This among others means that they will only be processed based on one of the possible legal basis (as per Art. 6 of the GDPR), be it with the candidates’ consent or on the basis of an employment contract. This also means that personal data will not be retained for more than required by the GDPR or by applicable Luxembourg laws i.e. beyond completion of the recruitment process.