Junior / Senior Valuation, Risk Analyst – EU Institutions Desk
Specialism / Function
Min. 3 years
Full Time Employment
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Working at Grant Thornton Advisory in Luxembourg is a great and unique opportunity to develop your potential within human-sized team in the heart of a multicultural and international growing group.
For us, you are a strength, your experience is an added valued that places you as a key element in the realisation of our advisory department development ambitions.
“EU Institutions Desk” at Grant Thornton is a developed and growing practice with serious scope for growth. We are looking for an Analyst (Junior or Senior level) that can ensure we stay on track upon this evolving journey and achieve greater heights collectively in the future.
As an Analyst, you will be in regular contact and working for our EU Institutions Desk and its clients, work for them and help prepare documentations required for new submissions related to Valuation, Asset Quality Review, Governance Risk and Compliance, but not limited to.
Serving EU Desk’ clients on several won projects with our most important clients such as European Commission, ECB, EU Banks, EU Funds and other EU Institutions. Your main responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Introducing and applying EU Institutions framework under the Director’s guidance, with a willingness to understand how to support various clients with EU Institutions requirements;
- Timely submission of scoring and Project Progress Report (“PPR”) proposals updated in EIB system for validation with high quality output in terms of (i) analysis performed, (ii) summary of latest key developments, in respect of assigned Funds primely invested in core infrastructure, renewable energy, energy efficiency sectors and managed by reputable fund managers primarily within EU area;
- Perform regular review/analysis based on information available (funds’ manager reports or meetings (predominantly in English, few in French)) - of financial performance, governance and compliance, progress against investment thesis (deployment, divestment, impact performance), recent developments (at Fund manager, Fund and investees level, recent amendments to legal documentation (e.g. shareholders’ or limited partnership agreement (“SHA”)), recent resolutions - proposing scoring and updating the PPR to be populated in the EIB’s internal systems for funds administration including review and recommendation of the monitoring regime (e.g. Watch list);
- Review valuations received from fund managers and propose documented adjustments when relevant;
- Review and validate disbursements and distributions notices checklist prepared by the disbursement team;
- Register and document monitoring events in systems; file documentation in systems;
- Contribute to portfolio ad-hoc reporting;
- Feedback and collaborate with KYC and compliance teams in line with procedures;
- Timely validation of Fund Manager NAV;
- Timely submission of individual valuation sheet proposal, in case adjustment proposal to Fund Manager NAV is relevant;
- Tiimely validation of disbursement and repayment workflow;
- Events up to date in systems; filing up to date in systems;
- Effective coordination with KYC and compliance Unit in line with procedure;
- Able to research best practice relative to EU Institutions and propose draft submissions with the right documentation and detail;
- Timely delivery of structured internal notes with sound proposals/ recommendations documenting analysis and decisions taken by the Client’s services;
- Efficient communication with Client services and Client representatives to Fund’s governing bodies;
- Complete set of reports from Fund Managers saved up in Client’s systems;
- Complete and correct inputs and updates to the Client’s systems in respect of set of data from the Fund Managers Reports;
- Complete and correct input of the coverage in Client’ systems;
- Consolidated valuation spreadsheet of the portfolio delivered to accounting.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Master’s degree in Valuation/ Finance/ Risk;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Pricing Alternative Funds and modelling i.e. Private Equity Funds, Infrastructure Funds, Renewable Energy Funds, Venture Capital etc is must;
- Ability to understand & build micro-economical or valuation model and tools;
- Logical thinker with ability to interpret long term impacts;
- Fluent in English (verbal and written skills are required), German or French is considered as a plus;
- Advanced skills of MS Office, with a strong expertise in Excel (expertise on VBA, modelling on forward looking and bask testing, calibrations, statistical model development and decision-making support models is important to have);
- Very good understanding of Private Equity, Venture Capital deals and legal frameworks related to such products (LBOs, Waterfalls etc);
- Excellent communication skills (both on remote and office environment);
- Good problem solving and organisational skills;
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and problem solver with critical thinking skills;
- Willing to work with people from different fields, with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude;
- Calm and collected nature when faced with complex challenges;
- Ability for multi-tasking and work under pressure of deadlines;
- Willingness to self-development and continuous learning activities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV with the reference Junior / Senior Valuation, Risk Analyst – EU Institutions Desk by email at email@example.com.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
All personal data that will be collected from candidates as part of the recruitment process, will be processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), (Enforcement date: 25 May 2018).
This among others means that they will only be processed based on one of the possible legal basis (as per Art. 6 of the GDPR), be it with the candidates’ consent or on the basis of an employment contract. This also means that personal data will not be retained for more than required by the GDPR or by applicable Luxembourg laws i.e. beyond completion of the recruitment process.