- What we do
- Students & Graduates
- Experienced hires
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Experienced Internal Accountant
- Junior Auditor
- Senior Auditor
- Senior Valuation Advisor
- Valuation Manager
- Junior Internal Auditor
- Senior Internal Auditor
- Assistant Manager Internal Audit
- Senior Compliance & Regulatory Consultant
- Senior Fund and SPV Accountant
- Junior Transfer Pricing Advisor
- Senior Transfer Pricing Advisor
- Direct Tax Advisory Assistant Manager/Manager
- Experienced Accountant
- Payroll Junior
- Payroll Senior
- Culture and values
Senior Compliance & Regulatory Consultant
Specialism / Function
Full Time Employment
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Compliance & Regulatory Consultant, you will ensure the successful delivery of various assignments and provide high-quality services to a diversified client portfolio comprised of banks, payment institutions, electronic money institutions, management companies and investment / specialised / support PFS. You will also have the opportunity to develop your management skills by supervising a team of associates and attending professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
The regulatory advisory activities of Grant Thornton Luxembourg are constantly growing in line with an ever increasing focus on compliance and enhanced regulation. Our professionals combine flexibility and quality work, they provide value to clients and demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurship spirit.
- Support clients’ Compliance functions in regulatory and legal matters;
- Assist in fraud and AML/CFT audits and investigations, undertake desk reviews, perform analysis and detailed assessment reports using sophisticated online tools (e.g. Thomson Reuters, Lexis Nexis, Factiva, WorldCheck);
- Assist in the execution of Compliance checks, KYC and AML/CFT due diligence for clients;
- Provide regular reports to the Board, Authorised Management and the CSSF for regulated clients;
- Set up and perform ongoing reviews of Compliance policies, processes and charters for different types of clients of the financial sector in line with corporate and local legislative requirements;
- Implement risk-based compliance frameworks which enable clients to make informed decisions, align their risk appetite to activities performed and avoid sanctions;
- Create and verify Compliance programs, set up compliance monitoring program, perform compliance reviews and issue compliance reports;
- Monitor new laws and regulations and provide impact assessments of any changes in the Luxembourg regulatory environment;
- Support clients with AML/CFT-related operational activities (e.g. perform transaction monitoring, sanctions screening, PEP screening, red flag analysis);
- Support clients with the completion of the annual CSSF AML questionnaire;
- Supervise, train and mentor juniors and interns on regulatory and compliance topics and assess performance of staff.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Master degree in Legal, Finance or equivalent;
- At least 4 years of experience as a consultant in regulatory and/or compliance in the financial sector
- Strong knowledge of the International and Luxembourgish AML/CFT regulatory framework;
- Professional qualification is considered an asset, such as CAMS or Compliance expert;
- First experience in authorization files for CSSF (AIFM, Ch. 15 ManCo, support PSF, …);
- Good command of MS Office suite, including Excel;
- Fluency in English and French or German, any other language is considered an asset;
- Strong analytical, organisational and communication skills;
- Team player, rigorous and autonomous;
- Excellent written and oral communication.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV with the reference Senior Compliance Consultant by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
All personal data that will be collected from candidates as part of the recruitment process, will be processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), (Enforcement date: 25 May 2018).
This among others means that they will only be processed based on one of the possible legal basis (as per Art. 6 of the GDPR), be it with the candidates’ consent or on the basis of an employment contract. This also means that personal data will not be retained for more than required by the GDPR or by applicable Luxembourg laws i.e. beyond completion of the recruitment process.