VAT Experienced Senior Advisor
Specialism / Function
Tax & Accounting
Min. 3 years
Full Time Employment
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As VAT Advisor, you will ensure that all work allocated as part of your client portfolio and other client assignments are carried out professionally and profitably in a timely manner in accordance with the firm’s professional standards and to the satisfaction of clients and engagement partners. Our clients are multinational groups as well as Luxembourg entities with a diverse range of activities. Further, you will ensure your teams are managed and developed to the maximum of their potential and assist in the development of the office.
- Review and/or preparation of VAT returns, VAT registrations and EC sales lists;
- Review VAT assessments issued by the Luxembourg VAT authorities;
- Analyse VAT issues related to VAT compliance (VAT returns and EC sales lists);
- Assess and advise on specific VAT issues and optimization in complex projects;
- Assist clients in the set-up of structures (VAT registrations and review of documents such as structure memoranda or draft service agreements);
- Be the principal point of contact for your clients and the Luxembourg VAT authorities;
- Provide in-house training and advice on VAT matters and communicate new tax developments internally.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Master degree in Tax Law, accounting, economics, finance or equivalent;
- At least 3 years’ experience in VAT compliance and/or advisory matters in Luxembourg;
- Fluency in English and French, German is considered an asset;
- Excellent communication and project management skills;
- Good organisational skills, flexibility and ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to details;
- Ability to support and mentor staff.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV with the reference VAT Experienced Senior Advisor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
All personal data that will be collected from candidates as part of the recruitment process, will be processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), (Enforcement date: 25 May 2018).
This among others means that they will only be processed based on one of the possible legal basis (as per Art. 6 of the GDPR), be it with the candidates’ consent or on the basis of an employment contract. This also means that personal data will not be retained for more than required by the GDPR or by applicable Luxembourg laws i.e. beyond completion of the recruitment process.