Gérard has a strong expertise in setting up and defining effective, efficient and compliant IT environments within banks, and structuring outsourcing between banks and IT providers (within group or with third party suppliers, locally or abroad). He is specialised in PFS governance including management and internal control.
Gérard has a wide experience in business advisory including the following fields:
- Internal audit for support PFS, specialised PFS, investment companies, payment institutions and AIFM.
- Regulatory compliance - senior specialist of ongoing execution and support of compliance and governance requirements.
- Regulatory watch and governance timelines (ex: Board of Directors and Management Steerings).
- Processes and organisation modelling (finance & accounting, HR, audit, internal control…).
- AML/CTF duties: policies and procedures definition and implementation.
- BCP/DRP definition and testing.
- Outsourcing policies definition.
- Risk analysis report and descriptive report writing for support PFS (Circular 12/544).
- Closing documents: follow up of closing documents to submit to CSSF.
- Supervision and review of compliance tasks allocated to senior and junior consultants.
- Bank IT strategy and management: Vice President of IT of Luxembourg financial institutions, including budget, team building, introduction of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
- Involvement in the merger of 4 banks in one in terms of IT solutions, team and organisation.
Gérard was previously working for Vectis ACF which joined Grant Thornton Luxembourg in 2017.
- Member of Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Member of the Institut Luxembourgeois des Administrateurs.
- Civil engineer - professional background in IT and finance