- Business Advisory
- Governance & Business Risk Services
- Structuring & Modeling
- Grant Thornton Finside Advisers
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Technology Hub Technology Hub
- Payments Services (PSD2) Compliance
- Regulatory Compliance
- Cloud Computing
- Mediation Services
An effective way of resolving disputes
Mediation means a structured process
However named or referred to, whereby two or more parties to a dispute attempt by themselves, on a voluntary basis, to reach an agreement on the settlement of their dispute with the assistance of a mediator. This process may be initiated by the parties or suggested or ordered by a court or prescribed by the law of a Member State (EU Directive 2008/52/EC).
Statistics confirm the advantages of attempting to reach agreement by mediation. The mediation process is: quicker, more flexible, less expensive, confidential, preserves relationships and provides a better result than the traditional judicial route.
A few figures
- 60% less time
- 30% cheaper
- Success rate around 80%
Mediation is confidential – what does that mean?
All the parties and the mediator(s) shall keep confidential all information (whether given orally, in writing or otherwise) produced for, or arising out of or in connection with the mediation passing between any of the participants and between any of them and the mediator made for the purposes of the mediation.
Mediation provides a better result and preserves relationships– what does that mean?
Mediation gives you and the other party the chance to resolve the dispute yourselves. Most people are more satisfied with resolutions that they develop themselves.
Different types of mediation :
Mediation in civil and commercial matters
- Conflicts between business partners
- Unpaid invoices
- Conflict between the landlord and tenant
- Customer dispute, conflicts in real estate and construction projects, patent disputes…
Mediation in social matters and workplace
- Modification of working conditions
- Application of a non-competition clause
- Conflict in case of moral harassment
- Conflicts between colleagues
Mediation in family matters
- Family business conflicts
- Family business transmission and liquidation…
For more information, please contact Donatella de Angelis.
You will be required to provide general information about the case and the issues that you would like to address.
A member of our team will assist you in scheduling a mediation session on a day and time that works for you and the other party.