The Chamber of Deputies voted on June 15, 2022 the draft law providing the postponement of the index to April 2023.
In order to compensate the absence of salaries and pensions increase, a tax credit is being introduced from July.
The tax credit is one of the measures taken by the Chamber of Deputies to compensate the postponement of the index and thus supporting households to face the soaring prices of energy.
This compensation mechanism will remain in place until the payment of the second index deferred to April 2023.
When will it be paid?
The Energy Tax Credit (ETC) will be paid in July 2022 until March 2023 inclusive. The next index has been postponed to April 2023.
Who is concerned?
Anyone with a salary below EUR 100,000:
- Beneficiaries of the Social Inclusion Income (REVIS)
- Residents and cross-border commuters who work in Luxembourg (Employees and independent workers)
There is no action needed to receive it. The ETC will be automatically added to the salary slips of all employees working in Luxembourg.
What is the amount of the tax credit?
For a gross monthly salary:
- Less than EUR 78, the net amount is EUR 0.00
- Between EUR 78 and EUR 3,667, the net amount is EUR 84.
Then, the amount is degressive according to the calculations below:
- Gross monthly salary between EUR 3,667 and EUR 5,667: 84 - (gross monthly salary - 3,667) × (8/2,000)
- Gross monthly salary between EUR 5,667 and EUR 8,334: 76 - (monthly gross income – 5,667) × (76/2,667)
Any questions? Please contact our experts at the following email address: HRpayroll@lu.gt.com.