Laurent has over 30 years audit and assurance experience for the financial sector (USA, United Kingdom, Luxembourg and France) including insurance, banking, asset management activities (hedge funds, private equity and real estate structures) and public entities.
Laurent has an extensive international experience in audit services, and especially for the financial sector and the PFS (Professionals of the Financial Sector). He is serving numerous international organisations including investment managers, fund administrators, promoters of private equity and real estate structures in addition to PFS.
Serving a fast growing private equity sector in Luxembourg, he has helped launch Grant Thornton’s valuation services in Luxembourg, bringing his international business experience to deal makers, promoters, asset managers and administrative agents demanding those services.
He has a strong practical experience of auditing SIF (Specialised Investment Funds) at the international level. He has a wide expertise in IFRS standards (notably IAS 39, financial instruments and IFRS 4, insurance contracts) for international groups. He also has a strong knowledge of US GAAP.
Laurent started as an Auditor in 1990. He had previous professional experiences at Mazars Luxembourg as Managing Partner, and previously at Mazars (UK), Deloitte (Luxembourg) and KPMG (USA and France) prior to joining Grant Thornton in 2013.
- Institut des Réviseurs d’Entreprises (Luxembourg)
- ICAEW (« Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales »)
- Réviseur d’Entreprises Agréé (Luxembourg)
- Expert-comptable (France)
- Certified Public Accountant (USA) formerly licensed from 1996 to 1998; former member of the Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (1996-1998) and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (1997-1999)
- Chartered Accountant (UK)
- University of Oxford - Saïd Business School - Executive MBA (in progress)
- MBA - Pace University, Lubin School of Business (New-York)
- Neoma Business School