Helping you to manage your mobility files
HR departments must aim mainly at implementing mobility packages compliant with legislation of host countries, to secure employee’s assignments abroad and ensure they are the best and safest possible.
How to approach the secondment of an employee abroad? What are the formalities to go through?
What are the costs? How to create a package and organise the transfer?
These are some of the challenges Grant Thornton Luxembourg can resolve by providing you with a follow-up to help you manage your mobility files.
Our Expatriates Desk helps organisations and individuals with a wide range of services:
Consulting services for companies
- Customised payroll solutions including shadow or split payrolls
- Design of tax equalisation
- Implementation of specific tax regime for highly qualified employees
- Identification of income tax issues (permanent establishment, transfer pricing, VAT…)
- Training and support of the Mobility services department
- Immigration services (obtaining visas, work permits...)
Advice for the seconded employees
- Arrival and exit interviews for tax optimisation before, during, or after the secondment
- Preparation of income tax returns in the relevant countries
- Calculation of tax impact (tax equalisation, tax withholding…)
- Filing of possible legal and appeal procedures
Advice on tax and social security legislations
- Assistance with secondment
- Advice on cross-border tax and social security issues
- Application of secondment certificates
- Application for reimbursement of employees contribution to the foreign social security scheme
- Application for social benefits (pension, healthcare, children allowances...)
Your key benefits
- An experienced multi-lingual team in Luxembourg in close connection with international experts and tax departments of the Grant Thornton International network (presence in more than 130 countries), ensuring a global, timely and coordinated assistance
- At Grant Thornton, each client is provided with a personal service. Our clients have a dedicated advisor who provides responsive and pro-active services. Our low staff turnover guarantees a long-term relationship with our people
- An emphasis on clear, easily comprehensible and above all practical recommendations
- Continuous follow-up of the social and tax legislation with newsletters and trainings organised on a regular basis in our office or within your office
- Access to our GT HR portal, an IT solution allowing clients (employees, HR manager...) to share, consult or extract information or documents online in a secure and confidential way