Technical expertise with a pragmatic outlook
Each valuation is unique
We believe valuations should not be a mechanical process. We use a variety of methodologies and techniques to derive a valuation, but we also exploit our experience and apply our judgement to give our clients the quality valuation advice they require. As each valuation is unique, valuation work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility, and innovation, which we pride ourselves on being able to offer.
Grant Thornton specialists
Our valuation specialists have broad experience in valuations of private companies. We serve enterprises of all types and sizes, covering a wide range of industries.
Advice & solutions
- We give commercial advice to companies, partnerships and individuals on valuations in the context of acquisitions, disposals, mergers and restructuring proposals across a wide range of industries
- We undertake and review valuations for taxation purposes
- In intellectual property cases, we advise on the valuation of items such as trade marks, brand names, know-how, customer lists, patents, and licences
- We offer dispute resolution services and work with forensic investigators, providing valuation advice within the field of dispute resolution, litigation support, and expert valuations
- We assist with regulatory and accounting matters, providing advice on valuations required by accounting standards, including purchase price allocation and impairment testing